Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Love


Ahh…love…I have long refrained myself from writing anything about it, but as I struggle to decipher the lessons I learnt in this beautiful journey of love, I can’t help writing about it. Well, the most remarkable thing that happened to me in love was the immense improvement of my memory. I know it’s a very strange thing to say while speaking about love, but let me come to the point. I am sure it happened to all who fell in love. I have always struggled to remember things, be it my chemistry formulae, or where on earth I had kept my very important notes (I always found them after my exams were over), or where I had kept the house keys (It’s more difficult to remember when the whole family is standing at the door, glaring at you). So, you see, my poor memory always made me and people around me suffer. But, suddenly I noticed that I remember everything, every word he uttered ( it might be about a something you were never interested in, doesn’t matter) , what color was the sky that night, what was the shape of the moon, the color of the shirt he was wearing, the shape of the cuff button, the song which was playing in the restaurant, the number of roses in the vase, the number of times he smiled, the number of times you held hand, the faint smell of his perfume…phew! Believe me, it’s a big feat for me to remember so many things at a time, may be some clever scientist can explain this- When in love, chemical A in your brain reacts with chemical B to produce a chemical C that stimulates the secretion of a memory enhancing hormone D ..whatever, but it’s really interesting. I strongly recommend that teachers (especially male teachers in all women colleges) should be selected giving maximum weightage to looks, so that students instantly fall in love with him and remember every word he utters:).
Yes, so coming back to love, you undergo all those familiar phases of the cycle..the initial ecstatic feeling that someone actually loves you, you rediscover yourself..things that you had never noticed or thought about earlier. You reposition yourself, venture into unknown territories, smile at yourself in the mirror, nod sympathetically when your friends talk about their love life, understand love songs better. You rise above all your own interests and have only one focus- to make that person happy, and the happiness you get from it. A strange kind of boldness and “don’t- care” attitude grips you and you look upto Romeo & Juliet, Heer- Ranjha for inspiration.
It goes through all these cycles, but the last phase may differ. It may continue forever or it may end, due to many reasons. The problem is when it ends. You realize that you have been a fool all way and it was the wrong person. He was simply not worth it. You feel hurt, stupid, angry and disgusted- all at the same time, not a great feeling at all. You curse yourself and all the books and films that had put all such fancy ideas in your head, about things that perhaps don’t exist. You come very close to regretting it, but then that is where I think we should stop. Why should we regret loving someone truly, it will be an insult to the pure and unadulterated love you have in your heart. End of a relationship does not mean that the love has gone wasted; I read somewhere that love creates positive vibes around you and that contributes to the positiveness of the whole universe. I am glad I contributed a great deal :). For a few days, I was happy; I rose above myself and thought about others, I was a better person. Relationships end, love does not. Keep that love in your heart forever, nurture it and let it grow for everyone. Be proud that it chose your heart as its home.
As they say, it’s better to have loved and lost, than to have not loved at all.
And it’s true :)

7 comments:

Ashutosh said...

very nice article...
liked it...

Unknown said...

Just one word for this post
"FANTASTIC"

Taneema said...

Sad but thats the truth!!!

G.S.Vasukumar said...

I liked this one...yes, I did.I agree with you.I had been in love..It didn't last long...also had to end the relationship..been through the hell.But,I don't regret being in love then.I will cherish those wonderful memories in some corner of my heart for the rest of my life.

Thanks...take care and keep smiling :)

Unknown said...

As mentioned love does create positive vibes... no matter what...
Nice & interesting article.. :-)

Nirvana said...

Beautiful....lovely description....love is a nice feeling indeed....all the emotions described seemed to come from one pure corner of your heart....actually this has been one of the most beautiful features of all your entries....u say things straight from the heart, not educating people but simply sharing your thoughts....
love is a very vast and complicated topic and i might not be in the capacity to comment on that but all that i could say is that this read has been very ENRICHING

Unknown said...

this one is a pure & perfect meaning of love one can ever understand didi hats off 2 u

Nostalgia: First Lancer Road

Today, I discovered that my hair clutcher is a memory object. A regular glance at this mundane, plastic accessory drowned me into a vortex ...